- This event has passed.
Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs – Bringing Our Children Home
November 25, 2019 @ 8:00 am - November 27, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
The Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs First Nation Family Advocate Office will be hosting the Bringing Our Children Home National Conference, it is an opportunity for participants to discuss ways of restoring First Nations jurisdiction over our children and families by providing preventative supports . With the main focus being on implementing preventative measures, the Conference is an opportunity for participants to learn about the history of the First Nation Family Advocate Office, how to maintain independence from the branches of government while engaging on key issues related to families within the CFS system, including how to navigate the CFS system, and numerous team building activities. The Conference will include numerous panelists and speakers of Knowledge Keepers across
the country and First Nations expertise in the Child Welfare.
Who should attend?
Everyone is welcomed to attend, but as the National Conference is primarily focused on a specified issue, the event will be marketed to the following:
• Chiefs and/or their representatives in families, child welfare, and social welfare areas.
• First Nations organizations or advocacy groups that specialize in First Nations youth or families.
• Academics/students, and other non-governmental organizations interested in First Nations and/or Child and Family Services.
• Federal/Provincial Government representatives
- November 25, 2019 @ 8:00 am
- November 27, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Social Services, Youth