The Chiefs of Ontario is inviting applications for the position of Director of Social Services. Under the guidance of the Chief Operating Officer, the Director is expected to assist First Nation communities and organizations.
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and maintain partnerships with government ministries, First Nations leaders, communities and organizations
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with external organizations with a similar mandate.
- Oversee the review, research and analysis of Social Services pertaining to Ontario First Nations.
- Develop and submit funding proposals to implement program requirements and projects related to Social Services.
- Provide leadership and coaching to the members of the Social Services team, to ensure adherence to all Chiefs of Ontario policies, and program goals.
- Oversee several Chiefs Committees to ensure First Nation leadership participation and strategic leadership.
- Develop and implement a culturally appropriate program to collect, oversee and analyze Ontario First Nation data related to Social Services.
- Prepare communiqués, memos, briefing notes, speaking notes and media releases.
- Attend relevant meetings and gatherings
- Masters Social work or related degree with equivalent work experience.
- Previous work with Social Issues facing First Nations.
- Experience in proposal development and financial management.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Knowledge of First Nation traditions cultures and values; understand the history and relationship between First Nations and the Crown.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Capacity to work effectively independently and as a member of a team to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Strong ability to analyze problems, recommend comprehensive solutions and mobilize resources for effective implementation.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; familiar with critical path planning and logistical requirements.
- Must be trustworthy, reliable and maintain confidentiality.
DURATION: January 8th 2018 – March 31st 2020 (with potential for renewal)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 10th 2018
All applications will be considered; however, preference will be given to those with First Nations ancestry are preferred.
*Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Send letter of application, resume and include 2 references marked confidential to:
Ashley Nardella, Human Resources
Chiefs of Ontario
468 Queen St. E, Suite 400,
Toronto M5A 1T7