The Chiefs of Ontario is inviting applications for the position of Director, Policy and Provincial Affairs. The incumbent will develop, organize and oversee the progress and direction of policy analyses and provincial government matters as mandated by the Chiefs in Assembly and in conjunction with the departmental Directors on behalf of the Chiefs of Ontario.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between the Ontario Regional Chief’s Political Office and the Secretariat.
- Provide strategic advice and assistance to departments and Chiefs to move First Nations issues forward, in relation to provincial policy lens.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with external organizations with a similar mandate.
- Oversee the review, research and analysis of provincial legislation and regulations pertaining to Ontario First Nations.
- Develop and submit funding proposals to implement program requirements and projects related to the Chiefs of Ontario mandates.
- Adhere to the Chiefs of Ontario Financial management policy to ensure funding requirements are being met.
- Provide leadership and coaching to the Chiefs of Ontario employees to ensure adherence to all written materials quality control standards.
- Oversees Chiefs and Technical Committees to ensure First Nation leadership participation and strategic leadership, as they relate to general policy.
- Community engagement as required.
- Prepare communiqués, memos, briefing notes, speaking notes and media releases for the Policy & Provincial Affairs, Executive and Political Offices.
- Attend relevant meetings and gatherings as they relate to duties.
- Post-Secondary education in related field.
- Experience working in the Public sector, working with First Nation organizations or communities a definite asset.
- Demonstrated experience proposal development and financial management.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Knowledge of First Nations data governance and research ethic principles is an asset.
DURATION: June 10th 2019- March 31st 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 27th, 2019 5:00 pm EST (Application must be received by this date & time)
Send letter of application, resume and include 2 references marked confidential to: Ashley Nardella
Chiefs of Ontario
468 Queen St. E, Suite 400,
Toronto M5A 1T7