The Chiefs of Ontario is inviting applications for the position of an additional Executive Assistant to the Ontario Regional Chief. The Office of the Ontario Regional Chief is expanding and is looking for a second incumbent to provide Senior Level support to a wide range of complex and confidential administrative, operational and support tasks.
The Executive Assistant provides executive office management services, interacts regularly and positively with Chiefs of Ontario employees and leadership, manages sensitive information and serves as a primary point of contact for information to and from the Ontario Regional Chief.
Location: Toronto* position will be remote/virtual until further notice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing executive level assistance to the Ontario Regional Chief in the day-to-day administrative duties by:
- Effectively overseeing the Ontario Regional Chief’s schedule
- Working with administrative staff on all travel arrangements for the Ontario Regional Chief
- Creating drafts and various types of correspondences, reports and internal office communications.
- Reviewing incoming correspondences and responding to routine
- Preparing preliminary written responses on various issues in a timely
- Takes minutes of meetings; preparing meeting agendas, information kits, distribution,
- Ensuring appropriate staff/departments receive direction resulting from the meetings in a timely
- Establishing and maintaining a system for all materials relevant to the Ontario Regional Chief responsibilities/duties, i.e. meeting notices, materials which require comments,
- Planning, organizing, and maintaining a records management system for correspondences, minutes, motions and proceedings pertaining to the Political Confederacy.
- Scheduling, planning and executing all arrangements necessary for the preparation of meetings and
- Greeting and receiving Chiefs, visitors, handling telephone inquiries and providing general information pertaining to the Ontario Regional Chief working areas
- Degree, diploma or certificate in secretarial, public administration or relevant field
- Minimum of five years of full-time professional experience in senior level executive assistance
- Knowledge of Chiefs of Ontario and First Nation political structures locally, regionally and nationally and how they inter-relate with one
- Knowledge of federal and provincial government ministries and how they impact First Nations, including policies, programs and services offered to First Nations, Political Territorial Organizations and Tribal Councils,
- Must have the ability to identify alternate solutions to problems and recommend and/or select the optimum solutions based on broad objectives and criteria. This would include making recommendations on the continued evaluation and monitoring of administrative procedures to ensure efficiencies are
- Must have to ability to communicate effectively with Chiefs, organization members and officials from various levels of government; both orally and in
- Ability to travel from time to time is a requirement of this
Duration: June 15th 2020 to March 31st 2021
Application Deadline: June 1st 2020, 5:00 pm EST (Application must be received by this date & time)
Send letter of application, resume and include 2 references marked confidential to: