The Chiefs of Ontario is looking for a qualified and motivated individual for the position of Part Time Coordinator. The Coordinator is expected to coordinate a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and support tasks. The incumbent provides intermediate level expertise to the position, manages confidential and time sensitive information and serves as a primary point of contact with management.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing daily assistance in administrative duties by providing effective scheduling management.
- Record, transcribe and prepare minutest for Meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Full meeting preparation including agendas, booking location/venue, catering, and preparation of meeting packages.
- Communication on meetings and preparation including recording and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Maintenance of an effective electronic filing system.
- Drafting and editing correspondence, reports and internal office communications.
- Manage and oversee small projects, task teams and budgets.
- Collaborate and share information in a dynamic team environment within COO.
- Responsible for general administrative duties as required.
- 25 hour work week
Must be able to work flexible hours during busy seasons i.e. assembly seasons; out of town meetings, etc.
- 2 years of proficient work experience in a First Nations community of organization is preferred.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree is not required, but is extremely recommended.
- A valid driver’s licenses and any other licenses and/or certificates will be considered an asset i.e. first aid/CPR training, coaching, WHMIS, etc.
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture and values and rights in particular, the nations that reside within the boundaries of the province of Ontario.
- Exceptional knowledge of various computer applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint).
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally.
- Demonstrates the ability to stay organized in a fast paced environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships within the organization and external agencies or affiliates.
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
DURATION: Open – March 31st 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Send letter of application, resume and include 2 references marked confidential to:
Chiefs of Ontario