Chiefs of Ontario are now accepting applicants for the Policy Analyst position in the Social Services Sector. The successful applicant will provide policy analysis, data collection and research related to the areas of priority assigned to the Social Services Sector, specifically pertaining to Social issues and Child Welfare.
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario (with the potential option to work from a home office)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in conferences, gatherings, meetings at the provincial and national levels.
- Support the First Nations leadership as well as the Chiefs Committee on Social by providing technical support.
- Support First Nations in the development of First Nations Child and Family Well Being Laws
- Development of tools and resources that will facilitate First Nations Child and Family Well Being laws implementation within the current federal and provincial legislative process.
- Conduct in-depth research, data collection, policy analysis, and environmental scanning of current and future legislation, policies and programming impacting First Nations Peoples in Ontario.
- Keep abreast of Federal and Provincial policies that will impact First Nations in Ontario. Prepare a method of information sharing with First Nation leadership.
- Assist in maintaining partnerships with government ministries, First Nation communities and organizations to ensure effective communication flow and dialogue between all parties.
- Actively participate and collaborate in working groups and task teams and provide policy/ program recommendations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of work plans to address priority files associated with the Social Services Sector.
- Assist in planning and successful execution of meetings and gatherings.
- Interacting and supporting relevant Chiefs Committees.
- Relevant post secondary education.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in the Social Services and Child Welfare fields
- Ability to work with all partners and colleagues in a professional and respectful manner.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Ability to follow direction of supervisor.
- Knowledge of First Nation traditions cultures and values; understand the history and relationship between First Nations and the Crown.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Capacity to work effectively independently and as a member of a team to complete assigned tasks and projects.
DURATION: October 15th, 2020 to March 31st, 2021 with possibility of renewal based on funding.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 28th, 2020, 5pm EST (Application must be received by this date & time)
Send letter of application, resume and include 2 references marked confidential to:
Chiefs of Ontario
468 Queen Street East, Suite 400
Toronto, ON M5A 1T7