The Chiefs of Ontario is inviting applications for the position of Data Analyst for the Health Department. The incumbent is a highly skilled professional and will be part of a dynamic team that will provide statistical support for surveys and or data collection processes as may be required by Chiefs of Ontario. The Data Analyst must have relevant, recent and significant experience in data collection, data analysis and presentation of data to a variety of audiences.
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the development and implementation of regional survey projects.
- Contributes and works as a member of a professional team responsible for the implementation of regional and national surveys and data collection initiatives.
- Conducts data analysis and ensures accuracy and interpretation of the data and support all aspects of survey projects and processes.
- Provides data analysis support for research projects. As well, identify significant factors and key trends as they relate to First Nations.
- Provides comparative analyses between data sources using appropriate statistical methods (e.g. age standardization)
- Prepares written reports and oral presentations summarizing findings, including detailed description of statistical methods, detailed analysis of results and synthesis of conclusions for a variety of audiences.
- Maintains effective interpersonal relationships with associated national and regional teams, with respect for diversity, consensus-building judgment, values and ethics.
- Regularly interface and work in conjunction with the First Nations Information Governance Centre (FNIGC) national team responsible for the overall coordination of First Nations specific national survey projects.
- Participates in meetings as may be assigned.
- Maintains effective record and file documentation under the protocols and procedures of the organization.
- Maintains, protect and respect the confidentiality of the data, survey respondents, and security protocols and procedures of the Chiefs of Ontario.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chiefs of Ontario Health Department.
- Master’s degree in one of the following field of studies: computer science, biostatistics, epidemiology, statistics, mathematics, economics or health sciences or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Experience working with a range of government and non-government stakeholders.
- Experience conducting research and data analysis in relation to First Nations health issues.
- Knowledge of epidemiologic, socio-demographic and statistical principles and methods as applied to the analysis of health, education, employment and other related issues.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information and matters in a trusted and responsible manner.
- Experience working with First Nation organizations or communities a definite asset.
- Experience working with administrative health data is an asset.
- Experience with First Nations research methods is an asset.
- Knowledge of First Nations data governance and research ethic principles is an asset.
- Knowledge of OCAP® principles and how they apply to First Nations data sovereignty.
- The preferred candidate will have experience with data linkages and databases, and data extraction and linkage tools, however training may be made available for otherwise qualified candidates.
DURATION: June 15th 2019- March 31st 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Send letter of application, resume and include 2 references marked confidential to:
Ashley Nardella, Chiefs of Ontario
468 Queen St. E, Suite 400, Toronto M5A 1T7